Friday, June 10, 2011

Flu bug, go away!

Hehehe...the flu bug already went away... but just a little write up on Shiya's 2nd 'unwell' incident.

The first time she was a little sick was when she got a very mild (alhamdulillah) case of the HFM..Thankfully no ulcers developed and besides a slight rash on her legs fingers, she was good as gold. The rashes have already disappeared with no scarring at all. I panicked that first night because I saw how much Yel and Lissy had suffered from their HFM incident and was so scared for my baby. Her fever that night had spiked to 30 deg but went down again the next day.

This latest incident started I guess when she met her Mama Long on Saturday. She was happy and fine (well, maybe slightly cranky due to the heat) until we finished eating at Jaring... yes, I admit that maybe it was too soon to expose her to the noisy bustle of Jaring... anyhow, she started crying loudly and practically started screaming in the car on our way back home. I searched her body for any signs of injury but found nothing. If I were alone in the car, I would have started crying myself since the sight and sound of her screaming endlessly just breaks the heart.

When we got home, I quickly stripped her of everything and gave her a bath... all the while trying to calm her (she was still screaming then)... the bath must have did it because she started to calm down, though she was still crying. I wrapped her up in her towel and cradled her close after. This must have soothed her enough until she fell asleep and slept for 2 full hours. It's still a mystery to me what happened because she was happy again when she woke up.

The next crying bout happened on Monday night when she slept her normal hour at 10pm. She woke up again periodically through the night until 6 am... crying and shouting because she was sleepy... the cause? I'm not really sure... but her body felt slightly warm and she had a runny nose in the morning. She also looked unhappy... We were on the watch to see if her temperature would spike up...but luckily, the flu ended there. Another day of slight sniffling and then she was back to her yummy self again...

Now mummy's the one sniffling with a runny nose though I don't think it's from Jellybean but from her darling cousin, Lissy Listle... hehehe... or maybe an overdose from both of them?? Well, the aqiqah is tomorrow and I have around 50 packets of bahulu to pack and ribbon-fied...  :P Taking a dose of clarinase to help my cause and hopefully this flu bug fiesta will leave the family for good... shush, shush... go play far, far away!

No comments: