Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Safe Haven - A Review

Safe Haven is written by Nicholas Sparks... and for those who knows this name well... am sure you watched The Notebook and loved it.. as I did...  :)

This is actually my first try at his book... and the story line was nice... Katie who had a dark past and still running away from it arrived at a small town and met Alex the local guy with 2 kids... the sparks were obvious from the start and there were numerous cute and funny moments that am sure anyone who fell in love can relate to.  :)

Seeing how 'thin' the book is... somehow for me it lacked the depth of feeling that such a story could evoke... I won't tell you more on the mysterious 'Jo' in the book... but it was a little scattered... as though there was more to that story.. but somehow got cut down... the plot was confusing... was it telling about the love story of Katie... the abusive relationship of Katie or the mysteries of after life..??? Hahahaha...

The portrayal of Katie's husband... Kevin was very real... and to that I could somehow imagine and somehow able to be there during his crazy moments and made me wonder... is this what abusive husbands go through in their mind?

Overall it was an ok book.. not something that I would read again..., but not a wasted effort of reading either...  am hoping that the movie would be better...   


No comments: