Thursday, May 27, 2010

Seconds anyone?

Let me tell you about the life of a second child... You're neither up nor are you down. There are some perks... You always have someone to look up to and someone has always started carving their way through life for you to just follow in the footsteps, if you so wish.

You're also not quite last in line, so not too much pressure to impress and when needed, you're left alone... Not like if you're the youngest and everyone just vying for your attention and love.

Wonderful? Hmmm...

The life of a middle child is hard. Yeah, yeah... Enough with the syndrome whatnot already! That's just blabber dash. Nonsense coming from people who refuse to understand the complexity of just feelings... And how other people's actions just hurts.

I can't count on how many wonderful evenings and mornings are ruined by people just poking into my life. Do they see it? Do they care? No! They just wallow in their self pity and master their horrid trade of guilt tripping someone (and I mean me) into feeling bad and having me run mad just trying to please you... And you... Yes and you too...

I'm tired... Have a backache that no one cares about... Stressed about work and just plain tired -sigh-

Looking forward for the time when I can just do anything... Without worrying about all of you... Worrying that you might be hurt, frustrated, mad or sad that I'm just living MY life. As you're living yours...

When you want to make me feel bad... Please remember, I'm trying to find my way too... And that I still love you...

No comments: