Wednesday, December 15, 2010

31st Week

Pregnancy is a joy... at the same time, it is also brings to light new behavioural patterns that sometimes you're just not that proud of. That would be my definition of my pregnant state. :)

At 31 weeks:
  • I still get nauseous especially in the morning and after my evening meal. Food tastes better compared to the first 5 months, but after eating I often wished I didn't because the after taste of the food would hit me then and keep me feeling yucky for quite some time... what could make it better? Nothing... not even sweets... cos sweets have an after taste too!
  • The baby stretches a lot... more than she wiggles or kicks... and sometimes I need to soothe her gently back into place. I guess my tummy needs to grow bigger to accommodate her larger size...hehehe... But every stretch and every kick and wiggle makes me smile and sometimes I even laugh by myself cos I love it when she does it. The movements let me know that she's doing well.
  • I've only experienced 1 episode of her hiccuping in my tummy. It was so cute that I wanted to take a vid of my jumping tummy. But unfortunately the vid's quality wasn't any good due to the poor lighting. Poor daddy was out that time and couldn't see his daughter's cute movement.
  • My tummy is getting really heavy nowadays... walking seems to be a trial and sometimes just standing up, my lowwer tummy aches with the weight of the baby bump. It's been especially hard these last few days.
  • My lazy symptom of pregnancy... meaning too lazy to go out, too lazy to clean up and too lazy to cook/bake... it's all still there (could it be pregnancy or could it be the real me?? :P  )
  • Shopping spree mode has sort of ended for me. I realised that clothes-wise I have more than enough to last for at least the first month at least... I've also bought all the essential items baby might need for the first few weeks like bottles, steriliser, baby monitor, cot, blankies, mittens and socks... The rest, like cute dresses and tops or extra mittens... I can always shop later after my 30/45 days of pantang. It'll be more fun that way since I will actually know her actual size. :)
  • Room is Kajang is sadly still not ready for baby dear... some of the knick knacks are just hard to find a place to keep it. So there it is on the table, an eyesore till I find a place to dump it. Until then, we can't move in the cot. Even the wardrobe in IKEA is still unavailable due to some of the parts are sold out. Hopefully we could finally purchase the set this weekend!
  • Room is Subang? Almost ready... just a few things needed to spruce it up and of course the multitude of laundry needed to be done... but that's all in January's list. :)
So there it is...my lengthy update on what's up and about at 31 weeks   :)

My next check will by on Tues and sure to be trial as I need to go for a glucose test. Hope I can keep it all in and hopefully the results will be good. Insyallah...

No comments: