Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tea Party for Baby and Mommy

Well, I think I've mentioned a few times that I love surprises (as long as they are good and happy ones that is). But being the person who loves planning parties, I wasn't putting much hope on any parties being done for me. For one, I have limited close friends... and two, well... who's gonna be the planner and decorator?? :P When I got pregnant, funny how the first people to point this out to me were my parents... as they shook their heads and smiled.

Then came the surprising announcement from my sister one fine day while we're having lunch with the chickies... "oh, my sis punya baby shower nanti 2nd week of December". Hahahaha...big laugh there... now THAT was a surprise. :p But of course she was laughing and saying she's scared I wouldn't like the deco or the theme. And I told her... "please don't tell me... I want it to be a surprise".

And so came the days and weeks where information was eventually leaked out to me... hehehe, little by little... the funniest would be from my parents of course! My mum came to me the week before the bash and insists that the date be changed to when she's around... -big laugh- I told her again and again I didn't know anything and just to talk to my sister... then came the call just as I was about to step out the house on my way to the bash (of course on the pretense of having late lunch with hubby)... my dad... he wanted to know when I was going for the function... heheheheh... I kept on saying that I didn't know and he kept on insisting to know if I was on my way to 'the house'...  :P

So I must admit that the surprise bash wasn't really a surprise... but what surprised me.... that everything else... was PERFECT... :)  Always a big fan of perfect settings... my sister did a really beautiful job on the deco... the theme was Tea Party... there were gorgeous flowers... even cut out ones on the wall... complete with a sash that said "mum to be" for me! :)  We had plenty of yummy food arranging from savoury pastries to sweet and yummy cuppies... All the people that was supposed to be there.... were there...

A special note needed to be made about the doorgifts... my sis had managed to make a personalised bag, complete with a personalised tea bag with yummy smelling soaps and potpourri... hehehe... love it so much! Oh and balloons... a must at any parties... :D

I had so much fun that day! Now is it a wonder why I love my sister so much? She has always made my special days, special for me...

Love you meqqy! Thank you for the wonderful surprise... you really know me... hugs!

No comments: