Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Glucose Test

Yesterday my bff and I had to go for the glucose test. Not that our babies or our weight were showing signs of alarming rapid weight gain... but mainly due to our family history with diabetes. Hearing lots of horror stories about the dreaded glucose drink, I was a bit nervous. Well, who wouldn't be if even drinking iced tea or apple juice can cause you to have horrid nausea... (both used to be my all time fav... now.... erm, no thanx! :p  )

Nyhow, the day started early as we needed to get there by 9am. Blood pressure and weight checked... (eek! gained another 2.2kg!)... took a blood sample... and then.... the yummy drink...  :) hehehehe

What does it taste like? Very, very, very sweet..... actually for the first half of the cup... it wasn't so bad. Blame it on my sweet tooth. But by the second half, it was harder to swallow since my throat was starting to burn from the sweetness... but i managed to finish it. That was never the actual fear or problem. The harder part was of course keeping it down for the next 2 hours! And there were times when I felt it might be impossible... :P

Hehehe... so much drama over a drink. Safe to say that we both made it through, had a super lunch and ODed on gossips... with normal results for the blood test... Alhamdulillah...

As for darling baby... she's growing well and actively moving which makes mummy grateful and happy. Annnnddd... after 32 weeks of waiting.... I was finally able to catch a glimpse of my sweetheart's face... hehehe... always keeping it a secret. I guess she's shy and didn't want anyone else to see (was alone to see the doc at 4pm). Such a beautiful baby of mine! hehehe..... a little chublette with mummy's nose! hehehehe... :D

Sigh... can't wait to gomol you!

Will try and upload an image soon... hehehe... muah!

No comments: