Sunday, January 23, 2011

Birthday... mine! :D

Yes dears, I turned 28 today... It's funny how being closer to 30 I am feeling younger. Is that even possible?? hehehe...

This year I am grateful for a lot of things... and one that always stays in my mind is that special people that surrounds me and makes me feel special on this day. That's the one thing that matters most... :)  It started off with a nice lunch at Delicious with my in-laws... we had yummy lunch dishes that followed with an even more yummy brownie for dessert! It's so sweet how they are always thinking of me and insist to take me out there since I missed it the last time they were there on a family outing (was with my fam and couldn't get away to join).

Then came an even bigger surprise that night... I went back home to have dinner with my dad... and the moment I saw the dark house I suspected that something more was up. Hehehe... and true to my guess... everyone was there! Everyone minus my bro that is... he's still in UK... and I just realised it's been like that for past couple of years... hehehe... My mum came back to surprise me! Hehehe... she's so sweet. Always thinking of ways to surprise me. Out of everyone... she's the one who always manage to surprise me on my birthday... I remember the time she was away and she secretly ask my dad to buy me the little drawer with the rose design (still in my room and truly cherished!)... I practically shouted when I saw it... hehehe... and of course when she came back from PD just to surprise me in Cyber for my 20th birthday with a pink flower pillow that I had wanted for so long (she saw it and thought of me)... and now... her being here all the way from Terengganu just for my birthday... to add cherries to the cake... she got me a gorgeous MotherCare changing table...and a book on babies that I myself have been planning to buy  :D   Mummy really knows me...

The next day I had lunch with my 2 oldest friends and sis... the chickies of course! Ayu couldn't join us... but Nia came in her stead... :)  She's so cute! We had a nice lunch at Serai... and yummy dessert at Chilli's. Gossips were flying left and right as always and time flew by quickly... Poor hubby though was just waiting at home for me... Sorry sayang!

Hubby was asking me where I wanted to go for dinner... but being full from all the delicious food, my mind was at a blank. I was also not feeling like dressing up. So since it's my birthday... I decided to do what I would enjoy most... shopping around IKEA and Ikano area.. hehehe... mainly to check the wardrobe and fitted sheets at Early Years. Had super fun even though we ended up buying nothing but hangers from Tesco... heheheh What can I say... am a simple person with simple needs... let's save all the celebrating when darling baby gets here... ;)

No comments: