Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Letting Go... and Living...

There's so many things in life that we have the desire to achieve... to own.... to complete... and the list will go on and on... It's not an exaggeration to say that human wants are never exhaustible. It's in our nature to always want more and always, always... what seems to be beyond our reach.

In my emotional state as a mother to be, I realise that I didn't actually take the time to just lie down and live in my happiness. I'm always running around trying to get things done, trying to prepare... or else... just trying to rest or not be sick... always something.

Last weekend, my mum had a doa selamat for me... in anticipation for my darling baby's arrival as well as in conjunction with my 28th birthday next week. As I sat there after the bacaan Yassin, I realise (not for the first time, mind you! :P  ) of how lucky I am to be living my life. Sure, it's imperfect and hard sometimes... but I am one of the lucky ones..... to have wonderful parents who loves me... even though I can be stubborn and disappointing at times... to have a loving husband who's there for me... loving in-laws who takes care of me and are super nice to my family... brother and sister who cares for me all the time...

The icing on the cake? My miracle baby... alhamdulillah, we've made it to my 36th week and going strong... never in a million years would I have thought I could have this very gift from God... and there she is... her heart beating strongly within me...

And I am the luckiest ever... and so I shall take the time to just relax... and be thankful for all that I have... because my life is complete... and happiness is mine...

No comments: