Thursday, May 26, 2011

And so the dilemma begins...

Every mother would wish to breastfeed their child... the benefits are numerous...I won't bother writing it down as I am sure everyone knows how healthy and important a mum's milk is to their child, especially for the first 6 months when that is all they consume... milky, milky and more milky  :) in fact all the products in the market right now will not come close to what a mum can offer to her child...

But some are just not as lucky as others who has an abundance of milk until they don't quite know what to do with it...hehehe... I have a met a few at the office and some through mutual friends who has no problem giving direct or even through bottle (expressing the milk and storing). Everytime I see their full bottle, I'd be a little (or maybe a lot??) jealous... looking at my diminishing quantity does not help. Hehehe... and so comes the dilemma that I am sure some if not a lot of working mum goes through... should I continue and forge on ahead full speed (albeit low supply) and try to increase this meagre supper of my child or should I just be happy that she has received some milk for the past 3 months and 3 weeks, and stop expressing.

My mind is a swing from yes to no all for 2 weeks now. Sometimes I would be notty only express once a day (used to be 4 times a day). Total daily supply has dropped from 15oz to 12 oz...10 oz...6 oz... and now barely 3 oz... sad huh..? The drop is most probably due to the lack of discipline in my pumping time and the stress that I feel inside... at night? Well, sleepiness doesn't help to stimulate the mind to produce more.

But regardless of what I say, I must admit that the milk is still there. Even now when I am expressing only once a day I still get 3 oz... and even a little is good for my baby right? Fighting with one's conscience is troublesome and mind numbing  :P  

And I still can't answer my question... should I stop? Or better yet... can I?

No comments: