Monday, May 16, 2011

What? Really? hmmmm...

Yesterday I had a heart to heart talk with someone. Well, maybe she did all the talking and I did all the listening. She was telling me about all of her problems and what she has been going through for the past near 2 years since I've known her. Certain things she said I just don't know whether to believe or not. Maybe the dilemma stems from the fact that should I believe it then the other people that I know will suddenly become irrational monsters who are just plain mean and insensitive, yet to not believe would make her a liar... And well I hate liars. But is it fair for me to call her a liar? It would be tragic if all those things happen to her and she's still called a liar. I just can't do that to someone. And so I listened...

What has happened... Is happening... And might happen... They are all out of my control. That's the sad part. I can't help her, not without causing an uproar. I guess when it comes to choosing priorities, it's got to be my family who is always no. 1 in my life. But it still makes me sad to know that had to go through so much.

And there is it, the fact of life why sometimes we just have to take a breather from our OWN problems and just pay a little more attention to those who surrounds us, no matter how small their part in our lives may be. I am disappointed in myself that I didn't take the time to ask how she was feeling... Or taken just a little of my time to have a proper conversation with her... Or even show my appreciation with an occasional fruit or cake... Instead I was too wrapped up in other things, other people who seemed much bigger. Perhaps they are... But like she tearfully told me yesterday... "Am I not human too...with needs?"

She is... And since I've known her, has always been helpful, nice and kind... So I am sorry that I was too uptight to see her problems... I might have been able to make her life just a little brighter should I have seen it sooner. I am sorry, and this will be one of those things that shall go on the list 'I regret' in my life. Now it's a little too late. But I wish her well, and hope that she finds it easier soon...

Another lesson learned...

No comments: