Friday, April 19, 2013

LOS ANGELES - Part 4 Citadel Outlet

The morning of the forth day we were day started out as normal... breakfast downstairs, where I had my 2 toast and scrambled eggs with maple syrup... Shiya had her bowl of fruit loops and orange juice... with once major exception... this time it was the 4+1 of us... Tokma & Tokpa were here...  :)

After breakfast, papa and Tokpa went off to the nearby car rentals to get a car for us to go around for the next 3 days... and it took quite a while cos we finally started our journey around 11am... and where else but to the much anticipated guitar store for papa! hahaha.... he was getting his 30th birthday present from Tokpa here... a fender, no less  :P

We spent a little over 2 hours there... getting the case and what not... sorry can't talk much about here since am not a musical person myself, so find it hard to appreciate instruments... but the look of joy on hubby's face tells it all...  :) it was one of the biggest guitar stores in the world.... my only regret is that we didn't go there sooner or get to spend time there longer because I can tell how much it meant to hubby dear... *sigh* I bet if he knew how close were were to the shop (in Sunset Blvd), we would.. or maybe just HE would have been there sooner... like the first night that we got there... so here's another important tip when travelling to places so far out of reach... research..research...research!

Oh... just a side note on how important it is to have your toddlers in a properly buckled car seat... while we were getting there a car came right at us from the opposite direction...all in the hopes of avoiding another car... luckily we didn't get into an accident... but it was close... and Shiya's car seat actually tumbled forward... as in slide slightly forward (loose belt behind...tsk tsk) and if not for the buckle strapped at the shoulder she would have been thrown forward and may even hit the chair in front (the break was very sudden)... hish... it was a near thing...

Anyhow... after buying the guitar, we were officially on our way to Citadel Outlet... and my oh my... it was a huge place to shop... my first stop.... GAP... hahaha and went a little crazy in there... so many and at such good prices... came out with a bunch of goodies for Shiya... next stop... Carter's... and boy, people please.... next time Carter's first ok... cause the children's clothes there are oh my goodness beautiful and gorgeous... at 50% off! Imagine I got a top for Shiya for USD7... and pretty shorts for USD8...ahhhh can you just imagine... dresses for USD10??? Ok... let's just say real damage was done there... 2 major big plastic bags later... I turned the corner and came face to face with Osh Kosh... oh my... 50% off... even the 3 big bags and a stroller did not stop me from doing my rounds there... hahahah

Those 3 shops basically summarised my time there in Citadel... we arrived late to begin with and by evening time my in laws wanted to take us to this Chinese Muslim restaurant to eat... hahahah I could do without eating just to go for one last round... but yeah... enough damage for the day :p

Some interesting brands there was also Micheal Kors... the bags were expensive as compared to Coach but it was still at a bargain I guess... Guess was also there, though I only went in for a few minutes...

Honestly, we didn't get to really explore the place... I think anybody thinking to go there should allocate at least 2 days... to just enjoy the scene and shop in a calm and relaxing way... hahaha...

We got in the hotel early to rest and pack... the next day is out trip to Banning  :)

No comments: