Monday, August 12, 2013

Hello Life.

How do people live with a lie for years and years and years...? Never once showing that they care or even aware of what's happening around them?

Yea.. for those who is living their dream this might be a befuddling question.

But having lived through 30 years of imperfections (don't get me wrong, my life is better than most and with more opportunities and good fortune for which I am grateful for) I can see how someone can actually do live within a lie. Why the lie? Perhaps because of a strength of love... or perhaps it is a lack of courage... perhaps it's a little of both.

Then again perhaps it is in our nature to be where we are most comfortable.. a safe haven that we have known all our life, even if that haven can turn into a pressure cooker faster than you can blink. I must agree that in some situation (who am I kidding, most situation) it is easier to take a deep breath... close our eyes... and just pretend we didn't hear it... we didn't see it... it is easier to convince ourselves that it's better for everyone if we become blind and deaf... the negative part? We enable that other someone to do further damage... if not to yourself... then to themselves or those closest to you. But why do we still do it...again and again... and again...

Now that is a question that I've been struggling with myself for some time now. My reason? All I can think of is for the sake of harmony. Is it better this way? I don't know... But perhaps if you have seen and been through some of the times in my life you would better understand of how important harmony is. Wish it was different? Sure... Wish that there was more in the equation? Of course. But sometimes when you lose something, it is not always easy to find your way across to that place where you were before... whose fault is that? Does it matter? I don't think so. You grieve for what could have been and feel sorry for the lost... but you let it go because there is no point in further hurting... especially when they don't understand in the first place. You can't change a person when they don't want to.. and you certainly can't make someone do something and mean it at the same time...

No comments: