Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My Thing...

There's nothing that I love more than just lazying about and reading my romantic novels. I love love reading. But I am a picky reader...heheheh.. I read absolutely nothing but historical romances since I first discovered them at a tender age of 14. :)

hehehe... parents out there... I must say that no matter how good it is to leave your child in the library, you still need to watch over the books that they tend to pick out... *future note for handling my Shiya* ... because no matter what my mum did to discourage me from reading romance novels, I was already too hooked and keep on searching/buying them whenever I could...

Why is it so ermm.. NOT good for girls...I stress out... for girls... meaning aged below 21... (Yes, Shiya will have a hard time convincing me she's grown up..even if she is 20 years old.)? Well... definitely because of it's content! :P

There are scenes that are better left OUT of a child's imagination, if you know what I mean. Hahahaha... but hello.... I have read hundreds of books already... so no sense in stopping me yea? Oh well... anyhow... getting out of topic here...

Why I love romance novel so much? I think it's the way you can get lost in the books... As I've often told my family... why get lost in the everyday stuff... you're already experiencing it right now... getting lost in the olden days when Princesses lives as a Princess and noblemen and castles still exist is so much better... and I just absolutely love the romance in them... how they meet and fall in love... sometimes I can hardly breathe trying to guess at what might happen next... will she be with him... or will they forgive each other and be together...

Reading, when you get lost in each story... it's as though you are right there... living the exact moment... even the tea seems hot and yummy and you can even smell the roses blooming....

My favorite authors? Johanna Lindey... Julie Garwood... Judith McNaught... Lisa Kleypas... I've read almost all their books... My BFF asked me this morning... would it be nice if reading was considered a talent? And I must agree with her... There's nothing I'd like to do better than read my wonderful romance novels all day long...  :)

Just a thought...

No comments: