Sunday, July 17, 2011

Baby food and everything else in between...

Jellybean has started to taste food other than her milky2, officially on 27 June 2011... we gave her a little taste of pumpkin and corn... she didn't look like she enjoyed it much :P

Here's a little something on her food experience... I had decided to start her a little early on solids due to the fact that she doesn't really want to drink her milk. Every milk time is a struggle with her either crying... chewing or gumming her bottle teat, or pushing the teat out from her mouth... in the end, with the doctor giving me an ok... I started her on her first meal...

Her next food was rice cereal... which I later read was the best food to start a baby on below 6 months as it the most non allergic food there is... but baby started to get itchy dots on her face which made me scared and I immediately stopped her from eating then. Since then, I have given her some rice cereal several times... each time breathlessly waiting to see if she develops any allergies... the only signs seems to be her restless crying at night which could be a sign of wind in her body... gassiness is also a sign of allergies... so I would stop again... and after a couple of days... I gave her apple sauce... hmmm... again, crying at night... so again I stopped her intake of food...

It has been a couple of days since she took in food... but still she wakes up crying at night...so now I am in doubt of my theory that the food is causing my baby distress... *sigh* babies are full of mystery... but since the food or lack thereof seems to be the same... I decided to started her on pear puree...

Except for her first taste of pumpkin and corn puree which she didn't seem to like, my baby just loves eating... in that she followed her Kakak Lis... any food is received with joy and an open mouth... she also loves drinking from her spoon... and that is why I think she will soon take to the cup... :)

Nowadays... if she sees you eating...she'll just stare at you and starts to lick her lips... sian my baby! Teringin! :P
mmmm... yummy rice cereal!

No comments: