Monday, July 4, 2011

Little Fairies Part 1

To a wonderful event, there must always be a beginning... so here is a story of how the fairyland party for my sweetie Lissy came true ...   :)

The theme of the party is "Little Fairies", and though it would be nice if all the baby girls could wear tutu dresses and fluttery wings, my VVIP guest lists (the babies of course) shows a remarkable lacking number of girls and overwhelming number of boys. 4 baby girls and 7 boys to be exact! hmm... this really kind of makes it hard to even plan the theme color since my sister wanted it to be baby pink, but I don't think the guys/baby boys would show up wearing that color... so we compromised, boys wear yellow and girls wear pink :)

How do you turn a normal looking (though a bit cluttery with furniture) into a fairyland, fir for its princess? Now this is quite a problem for me since I am actually in Kajang currently and could only imagine what would be nice... but of course the magic would come from little mixture of flowers, butterflies... balloons and well... stars....  :) I have started to cut out the cardboard pieces and printed out the rest... let's just hope that the atmosphere will change to that of a fairy tale land once I'm done with the decorative pieces... Found some beautiful deco pieces at party world... but my oh my do they cost a bundle!! Which is so sad...wish that I could at least get one or two... but I have already spent more than what was initially budgeted...

I have decided to gift my beautiful niece her daging aqiqah :) ... a lot of people question me on this and to those who do I will turn my deaf ear on you... As I have so many times repeated, it is my gift and I feel it within me that it is the right thing to do.

So... deco... 70% done.... party pack... 90% done... foody.... (well... a lot will be done the day before) 5%... Hopefully everything will go smoothly as the bday bash is only 4 days away! hehehehe... super excited... and as always, worried about the attendance and if we have enough food and if the deco will look nice...

We'll see.... hehehe -nervous laugh-

No comments: