Sunday, September 18, 2011

Aqiqah for Jellybean and Mikha

Since both babies were born only 51 days apart, it was decided that we should make a double aqiqah so that everyone could come and celebrate the both of them. We also decided that we would forgo the usual marhaban and doa selamat (oh poor Jellybean!) and just have the guests over for some yum-yum roast lamb and masakan kampung... what was on the menu of masakan kampung? Telur itik masal lemak, ayam goreng berempah, udang & petai masak merah... oohh yum yum... and of course not forgetting, ikan bakar and sambal!

Since it involved 3 families (myself, parents & mikha's parents), the amount of people budgeted to make it to the event was also increased to approx. 150 people... of course we invited more than this... since it was buffet open house style, I wasn't too worried.

The door gifts given was my all time fav, pulut kuning and rendang because somehow when it comes to religious events/kenduris it just seemed appropriate. We placed it in a plexi box and wrapped a ribbon around it, topped off with stickers made by Dear Azalea... We also had personalised Yassin printed out. For the kids? I wrapped bahulu in the cookie bag and tied satin ribbons.

As you know, Jellybean wore her first baju kurung... it was soft pink with purple flowers... embroidered cotton. Lovely! :) it actually matches my baju kurung for raya, so am hoping that she can still fit into them...As a last minute thing, I was even able to find the perfect shoes for her... hehehe... my months of hunting finally paid off when I found pink slippers from Lovely Lace... it was soft pink with little flowers on top... so my sweet baby was not fully complete for her beautiful day.

Not to forget the rest of the family, I spent the day before the aqiqah combing the sops for appropriate gifts as a thank you from Jellybean for helping us out through the days... each couple got a weaved bag I found which contained personal gifties to all the little ones. :) Their mummy and daddy... a couple of Patchi chocs...

** this entry has been a long in coming... since I have been waiting to upload it together with the pictures... :)  Anyhow, it was a wonderful celebration though not many were able to meet my beautiful Princess since she chose today of all days to be ermm, a little cranky... but the guests had fun with the sumptuous meal and everyone loved the pulut kuning doorgift. I myself couldn't stop eating the leftovers! :P

** here you go some pictures of the event... though a lot are missing such as happy pictures with family and of course baby Mikha as he was safely sleeping with his mummy in his 'kantung'  :P

** oh the function was held on 11.6.11... as you know 13 June is my anniversary and it has an additional special memory attached to it because on our 1st year anniversary was the day we found out I was carrying little baby Shiya...  :)

Baby and mummy...

The grandparents...

Hehehe... my act of extravagance for the function

Lovely aunties helping out with the doorfits...

No comments: