Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Constipation Battle

I mentioned in my last entry that Jellybean was scared of the doc because of her last visit... well, the last visit had to do with her constipation problem that suddenly developed on 2 Sept...

I came  to the office as usual, though a lot of my colleagues were still away for raya... The morning started out good as there were minimal traffic and no one from other departments to disturb my peace... Suddenly I got a call from hubby asking me where was the gripe water as Jellybean was having problems with her poo poo... angin kut...So I told him where to find it... I was still not that worried since my parents were home and well, everyone was there to lend a hand.

After that, I called my parents and found out that they were out doing errands. No wonder hubby dear was in a panicky mood... So I called him again, and he said he wanted to go to the clinic because Jellybean was crying too hard... I still wasn't that worried until he passed the phone to her nanny... OMG, my baby was crying to hard and loud that I knew she was in pain. I was shocked and there and then decided that I was going home.

The drive took just a few minutes, thank God to the missing Raya crowd and I was soon home to my baby. On the phone hubby told me they went to the normal clinic and the doctor... (I must write this down so that I can tell to Jellybean later) put in wet cotton to push the stool in... According to hubby lah.... hmmm... I was so skeptical I told hubby to be ready and that I was going to bring baby dear to a Paed in SS15. The nanny told me later that it wasn't wet cotton by a laxative pill to help ease the poo poo process (we later found out that the pill was not put in correctly and in fact fell out a few minutes later at home).

The Paed felt her stomach and thankfully there was no hardness to indicate a worse problem than constipation. Unfortunately for my sayang, the doctor felt that the stool was too hard for her to get it out by herself and the doctor had to *gulp* physically get it out. All this while the baby was crying and she looked at me for help and held my hand tightly asking me to pick her up. I was so sad but there was nothing that I could do but just hold her hand through the process...

I was so scared afterward to wash her bum bum as I was scared to hurt her bruised bum bum even more. A little cry here and there again whenever she has to poo poo... but she was a little bit better. I kept on wondering what had actually caused her sudden constipation and though that maybe the rice cereal that she loved so much was responsible, so I immediately changed her diet to bananas... it helped a little bit... but papaya was much better at helping her poo poo... this is when I found out that she was allergic to it. A little bit will cause rashes to appear on her face and neck...we immediately stopped that and continued with the banana.

That was 2 weeks ago. And still her stool comes out as beef patty like.. It's no longer hurting her... but I don't think it's healthy for her tummy either... until last weekend. We changed her milk from Anmum to Frisolac... She loves the milk (we previously tried to change to Mamex, but she hates it as much as she hates S26)! And even better than that is her stool changed to a mashed soft texture that she should have been getting... oohhh... I am so happy for her... it's been 2 days and so far so good...  :)

Well, now you know why she suddenly hates doctors... I can just imagine how hurt she had been during the last visit. She has a good memory now and somehow knows when she's with a doc ... Poor baby, I hope she'll be able to put the incident behind her... I also hope that she doesn't have to go through anything so painful again. I truly cannot watch her crying like that ever again... I wish to take all the pain away... Biar lah mummy yang sakit... demam ke... as long as Jellybean is well, healthy and happy...

No comments: