Thursday, September 29, 2011

My new passion in cooking...

I hardly ever cook. every year I can practically count how many dishes I have cooked... hahaha... I guess I am the buy and eat type. In all honesty, I find that it's much more cheaper. I don't know whether it's the dishes I choose to cook or the ingredients that I choose but we always seem to spend lots of money when we try and eat in then if we just go to pelita for dinner/lunch/breakie.

Anyhow, this week I have tried to change and start on a new project... cook economically and expand my mastery in the kitchen. Well, maybe getting the groceries at Cold Storage wasn't exactly economical... but hey, when you're working and pressed for time... it's a great start yea? :P

So this week I have cooked chicken curry, beef curry, ayam merah and burgers... well the burger is a cheat on my part... I used Darabif burger patty that is oh so yummy! Anyhow, it has been a great success this week... all the food was finished (main contributor is that I cooked in super small amounts - in case tak jadi) and it was yummy....  :) especially the ayam masak merah... I have cooked this dish before, but usually I would use chillie boh bought from the shop for the tumisan. This time I made my own from dried chillie, onions, garlic and tomato... so the outcome was superb! :D oops... over pulak puji diri...

Recipe??

1. chili kering
2. bawang besar (kuning)
3. bawang besar (merah)
4. garlic
5. tomato
6. ayam
7. potato

- first you need to blend the chili kering with the bawangs and garlic...add on tomato
- in a hot pan, masak a little bit of bawang till its soft and yummy
- then masuk kan the chili paste and fry till you can smell it's cooked (you'll notice that it has lost it's pungent chili/onion smell and is softer to the nose.. there is also oil rising up... the color is also changed to a deeper/greasier red)
- some sugar and salt
- masuk kan ayam and potato (u can have these pre fried to make it easier and cut the cooking time)
- when it looks almost cooked, put in some potato and a dap of tomato sauce

Voila! ;)

Sorry no pics available... was too tired from all the cooking to care much about taking pictures  :P

No comments: