Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Trying... yet again...

My baby girl is now 2 years and 3 weeks old... all this while I have been hoping that pregnancy would just creep up on me with a surprise bang... but luck is not on my side...

Today though I have taken a definite 'let's work at it' cap on and thus need to review back my old notes on how to get pregnant for those of us who are .. you might say... fertility challenged. :)

Though I am still not sure about the result of the many long years (around 3 years to be exact) ago fertility test.. the doc said that I have indicative results for poly cystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS). Which means that I have a hormonal imbalance that affects my ability to ovulate on a monthly cycle. One of the basic rules that the doc told me in order to help control my hormones is to control my body weight. The statistics shows that there is an increase rick for diabetes for those with PCOS which is not a good thing for me since my family history is already riddled with diabetes. As one of the websites I read wrote... vigilance is key to those over weight.

Though the medical exam was just indicative... scans of my ovaries appeared normal....

My tukang urut waaaay back before I got pregnant the first time advised me that I need to give up certain foods and take in extra 'fertile' inducing foods to help me... and though the subject seems very questionable... I'll go along with it... as I have nothing to lose in following a good and healthy eating routines....

So let's start with this...

 - no caffeine (coffee... colas... other bubbly drinks...)
 - only occasional sugary snacks... (sorry can't say no to this since I have a super sweet tooth...)
 - more tofu and 'big head' bean sprouts (dunno the actual name)
 - increase intake of milk and soy milk
 - folic acid & vitamin c

ok... more on this later... ;)

No comments: