Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Wants...needs...and everything in between...

A workmate said to me... "..there's no motherhood skill group..." hehehe it was said in a joking manner... But it struck a cord anyhow..

Driving to work this morning was another splash of cold reality when my mum.. Going on 57 this year and may be opting to continue to 60 before retiring from her long time career in RTM. It 's admirable..her preseverence and drive to work.. And thats a part of my mum....that is soooo my mum. Which makes me wonder why I am soooo different. The best part is how totally off base I am in terms of career paths and drive from her.

Is this normal what I feel? *sigh*

I guess the question is what do I want... And she asked a reasonable question this morning... "is that who u aspire to be?"

I decided last year that this year I was going to be me. Working as I am.. I am working to please people or the general opinion of people. Life is short.. I should do what I do best..right? Doing what brings peace and harmony to my world.

But am I just short changing myself? :(

It's confusing.. 

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.10

No comments: