Monday, February 21, 2011

21 Days Old and the milky business...

Shiya has officially turned 3 weeks today. At this point, her feeding habits has increased from 2 ounce to about 3 ounces per feeding... she also wakes up now every 2 hours for some milky2... so all in all, she's growing beautifully! :D

For the past week I've been super busy expressing my milk for darling baby. I wish I could do it directly but due to some 'technical' difficulties, (  :P  ) I can only bottle feed and has been doing so since day 6. Even so I am happy that my milk has been her only nourishment since day 9! Yeay to the supply. That is why I have been diligently expressing every few hours to get the supply that I need. You could say the biggest fear would be should I suddenly run-out or it 'dries' up. Don't get me wrong though, I am still trying to direct feed her. It's just that it's not going so well right now. I guess it's because she's so used to the taste of the bottle? Hmmm...

Anyhow, with me so busy expressing I find that sometimes I would miss the time that I can cuddle and hold Shiya (other times she'd be asleep). It just so happens that when she wakes for her milky, I'd be expressing thus unable to comfort her or about to express...meaning my chest would feel heavy and hurts if I were to hold her to close to my chest.... and so that brings us to an important mini lesson learnt this week on being a mummy...

Patience and determination....

I realise that I wasn't having enough bonding time with Shiya... so I altered my expression time to ensure that I get to hold and feed her first before I start... this would usually mean a delay of about an hour... as for the pain in my chest... well with enough determination even that can be ignored :)

Sometimes she would also need coaxing to get her to sleep even after a full stomach, especially in the wee hours in the morning during her 3am and 5am feeding... I must say it's a battle to keep my mind cleared and my eyes wide open... but I guess Shiya just need a little time... I even have a strategy now... change her diapers first (if she's not crying too loudly) and then feed her. It kinda saves the time she would wake up between feedings for a change of diaper. Hehehe... gently rocking her to sleep while I sing to her softly also helps...

I'm not sure what's her weight and height right now, but I can already note the difference... her small clothes fits much better and I can see some yummy meatyness in her arms and cheeks that just begs to be gomol by me! :D

No comments: