Thursday, February 10, 2011

That First Week

It has been a wonderful 10 days with my baby. We were in the hospital for quite awhile (5 days & 4 nights) since baby was admitted for jaundice. The last 2 nights was lonely since baby had to stay in the nursery where they could keep her under photo therapy. But it helped that I got to see and touch her almost every 3-5 hours during feeding tine.

Besides adjusting to your baby's needs I must admit that one of the most challenging part of motherhood is breast feeding. I envy all mothers who can do it so naturally and their supply comes in such abundance. As for me it's a daily struggle just to get the right amount for my baby. This is even more stressful in the hospital! The nurses, though they were trying to be helpful, made me feel incompetent and stressed about my baby's inability to latch properly. Feeding time that was supposed to be a moment of bonding between me and my baby was spoiled by their constant interference. Alhamdulillah baby's jaundice was better on the 5th day and we made the long awaited journey home :)

I know mothers say this all the time about their children, but honestly my beloved baby is such an angel. She's so sweet and wonderful... Though of course there's the normal cries at night for milky2... But other than that she falls right back to sleep. Hehehe... At least that's the pattern for this first week :p we'll see again in a couple of weeks!

I love watching the myriad of expressions that runs across her face through out the day and could stare at her for hours when she's quietly sleeping by my side. Yes, I'm a pro on babies sleeping in a proper cot, but right now (maybe never?) I just can't be far away from my baby. I always want her by my side.

Today was her follow up visit for her jaundice. I was so scared they might admit her back in. Every time I think about it put tears in my eyes... But it's green light for my sweetheart! Yeay! :D

Baby is now 3.3kg, 50cm tall with hc of 33 at 10 days old.. :)

No comments: