Friday, February 18, 2011

Bercukur & Bersunat

Today marks the day my daughter turns 18 days old. Today is also the day that her baby hair was shaved and she was circumcised.

There was minimal fuss from baby dear in the beginning since she was fast asleep, but all the hair shaving eventually woke her up from her slumber and had her wailing in no time. Poor baby! In the end all she needed was a little of mummy's milky milky to calm her down to finish off the shaving. :)

After that Kak Ita bathe her for the next part which is the circumcision. This part mummy was queasy and didn't have the heart to actually look. Sorry sayang! Love you tapi... It took just a few seconds and a few seconds of your crying that made me a little sad and worried, but you soon stopped crying and settled down.

Mak Cik Naemah did a few things that I wasn't quite sure what it was for... I guess it's the malay tradition? It involved covering her with baby powder that was mixed with water (I guess this is to take the sting off the scalp?)... some prayers and sprinkling of some 'beras berkunyit'... Oh, the hair that was shaved off just now was dipped in water in a small bowl to be kept for us to weigh later. The weight of the hair will be calculated into dollars and donated to the unfortunate. But as I told hubby, once we weigh the hair we need to add a little extra as some of the hair had flown off... :P

Nyhow, the day went well and great. Now is just the planning of the aqiqah for darling baby. When? I though to do it in June would be a nice touch as it will be the 2nd year anniversary of my wonderful marriage to hubby dear and the anniversary of when I found out I was pregnant with baby Shiya...  :) But that's another story...

No comments: