Friday, March 18, 2011

Bye Bye Pantang Days...

There's a lot of things I want to write, yet there's a lot of things I shouldn't write. Hahaha... Let's just start with the obvious...

My pantang days are over! Yeay... hehehe... it officially ended on Tuesday, 15th March. Amazing though that since then I have not really been out to anywhere! After weeks of waiting and anticipating... in the end it was just brunch at McD KLIA. Mum had to fly to Kuching and so Meq picked me up and we had brunch there. Though it was a simple meal and the venue was not at all entertaining... but I had fun anyways... cos the company was great. I had quality time with my sis and mum to dash out gossips and just talk talk away...  :) not to forget the yummy chicken mcdeluxe that I had... my first mcd meal in 45 days! Hahaha... who would've thought I could last this long? :P

The checkup on Monday went great too... the doc said that my womb is back where is should be... and that from inside everything is healing nicely. I have lost all of my pregnancy weight and return back to chubby me... so even though I'm no longer carrying the excess preggers weight... I still need to lose weight :P weight that I have been trying to lose since before I was married! Hehehe... so let's save that story for another day...

For the closing of my pantang, I had taken Makcik Naemah (the lady who had cukur Shiya's hair) for a day of berurut and a day for lulur and mandi bunga. I must tell you straight on that I'm not quite a fan of berurut... I don't know why...even when I was pregnant I didn't ask for any foot massages or anything like that. I guess that's just me. So the urut was 'ok-lah' but satisfying in the end cos I felt that my skin was softer from the effect of the minyak urut and my body more relaxed. It was a solid 2 hour of every muscle being kneaded and stretched. :)  Then came the lulur (which was today) and I can't tell you how I have been waiting for this! Since late pregnancy till my pantang days I felt that my skin was somehow uneven and just rough and patchy. hehehe... tak berseri in other words. It was probably from all the homones going haywire??

Anyhow, we had a solid near 2 hours of berlulur that really scrubbed every inch of my skin. I must admit that sometimes it kinda hurts... but in the words of the lady that first did my eyebrow threading, " kalau nak lawa, kena lah sakit"...  :P  she even lulured my face!! Never heard of that before... hehehe... but after the grueling experience, my skin now feels lighter and oh so much softer! I love the glow I saw in the mirror...hehehe... oops! One should always compliments oneself... right? LOL

But the best part was saved for last... mandi bunga! Oh it was sooooo refreshing! I loved the mixed smell of flowers and lime... wish I could do it everyday... hehehe... to end it all after I've toweled myself dry, she sprinkled beras at me and kinda of powdered me with this mixture of powder, flowers and water (made a white, flower smelling paste).

And there it ended... my pantang days... hehehe... I already feel normal and good as new. I'll always remember those special moments that  I was able to share with my loved ones and darling baby... being taken care of... it's one of those chapters in your life that should be bookmarked because.. no, it doesn't happen everyday... and no, not to everyone either (though sometimes is can seem quite common)... and yes, it is wonderful to have everyone catering to your needs and have people give in to your little wants...

Pregnancy from start to finish has been wonderful! And my ultimate prize for completing the experience...? My darling Shiyah... battle scars..? Why my 'pretty' stretch marks... hehehe... till next time... ;)

No comments: