Thursday, March 3, 2011

Fate as It Is...

I was going over some friend's blog and came upon a nice entry... she was writing the journey she took in naming her baby girl... and it was an interesting read indeed. And so here I'd like to share about what hubby and I went through to name our little princess...  :)

Of course as a little girl, we always had our favourite names that we swore we would eventually name our children. Though I must admit at a ripe age of 28 I can't imagine what they were... hmmm... seriously can't remember! :P  Anyhow, one thing for sure is that I have always, always wanted a name that had a wonderful meaning... and so began the search when I found out that I was pregnant. There were so many to choose from! It could be significant to us in so many ways... initials same as us... alphabet same as mine or hubby's... it could short.. it could be long... hahaha... you get the meaning   ;)

Somehow, the quirky me wanted my 'princess' to have a first name that starts with princess... guess it would be lovely when people calls her, they would actually be calling her princess.. hehehe... so after a brief search, I found the name Ameera which in Arabic means princess... So I was determined that baby's name would be Ameera-something. The search went on for weeks... Batrishiya, Qistina and Aalia were some of the final ones that was seriously considered. You might have noticed that there are a lot if 'I' in this para and none of 'we' as hubby was quiet about the issue and wouldn't really commit to any names. There was just one name that he suggested... Nadine.

Then one day I came across a beautiful name with a beautiful meaning... Arshiya... which means divine in Arabic.. even in other languages the meaning was gorgeous... I immediately fell in love with the name and knew that this was my baby girl's name... After discussing with hubby dear, we decided to name her Arshiya Qistina - meaning Divine Justice.

Oh the story didn't end there... I later found out that my MIL had a name that she had always wanted to name her daughter (my hubby is the third son out of three...  :P no girls in the family)... the name was Naseeka Ain... The name meant a lot to my MIL and after much deliberation, I had included the name together... it became Arshiya Naseeka Qistina... hahahaha... sounds half baked right?? It's really my stubbornness that wanted to keep Qistina in the name since I love it so much...

Then I remembered the one sole name that hubby had suggested...Nadine... and the name just fits... Arshiya Naseeka Nadine... That's fate for you... something that was already meant to be... you just have to wait...search and you'll find it...

Arshiya Naseeka Nadine...
Divine Golden Hope....... and that's what she was to me... a gift that I have been hoping for... :)

No comments: