Friday, March 4, 2011

One Month of Joy!

My baby is now one month old! My, how time really flies... it seems only yesterday that I was in the labour room with hubby dear... imagining how Shiya would look like and dreading yet wanting the labour ordeal to be done with... now suddenly she's already 32 days old... -sob, sob-

Drama queen huh? well... of course I am knowing that there's only 32 days left with Shiya before I have to start work again and leave her from 7am to 7pm... arrgh... I don't know how I'm going to do that 5 days a week!

Nyhow... this last week has been tiring and joyful at the same time as I learn more and more about taking care of darling dear... on Wednesday marks the first day that I bathe Shiya... it was pretty awkward I must admit. My arms weren't strong enough to fully support her in the tub... yet using the chair was more of a hindrance than help. Hmm... guess I'll learn to adapt eventually.. but so far Shiya has been patient with me and didn't even cry... :P Mummy's angel...

She's been having trouble sleeping... and would stay awake for hours these last few days... could it be that she's grown up and wish for more entertainment now that she's hit the one month mark?? Hmmm... or it could be the wind in her tummy that's bothering her.. poor baby... mummy really doesn't know how to help you get rid of the wind... all I can do for now is try to massage your tiny tummy with Telon Oil, make sure that you gulp as little air as possible when you're having your milky and make you burp as often as possible...

I love it when you fall asleep in my arms and snuggle up closer to me when I hold you close... I love it too when you smile though I know it's not a reaction to whatever I am doing or saying... I know you recognise my voice when I hum you 'rock-a-by-baby' and 'this old man'... in fact... all the tiredness slips away when you're near... honestly...

One month of pure joy being close to you... and this week also marks the day that you've slept in bed with me and papa... (not even in your bassinet...but between us)... I know it won't be like this forever... that makes this moment even more precious... and I cherish every little moment of it! :)

No comments: