Monday, March 7, 2011

The Closing of Pantang

I am very lucky to have someone special to take care of me during my pantang days... she was the one who took care of Farel and Lissy too when my sister gave birth. She's our own Kak Ita from Bukit Tiu Kelantan  :)  She came when Shiya was 3 days old and took care of Shiya's needs as well as mine.

Used to my mum's strict diet plans during pantang days... she cooks me her famous pantang style black pepper chicken, chicken soup and baked fish. Hehehe... yes dears, that has been my basic food night and day for the past 33 days... amazing how I could stand it this long, but I guess I had other stuff such as caring for baby and catching up on my sleep to worry about than the variety of my dishes...  :P   Each dish is of course accompanied by a vege dish of mainly either sawi or bayam... or lobak putih... or carrots... hahaha.... but I don't mind munching down on all these goodies in the hopes that my body stays healthy, I lose the baby fats and of course... increase the milky production to accommodate my baby...

Besides looking after my food, she also looks after other things such as the washing of baby's bottles & clothes... my clothes and help me to wear my bengkung... and making sure that I have what I need like hot water, milo... After all this... I think the most special part that she played during my pantang was the wonderful company she provided. During the week days when it was just us and the baby... she was there to share in the gossips, hear me whine and listen to my yammerings. She even got me started to watch some Indon day time series... Bintang & Kejora... hahahaha... life would have been pretty dull and boring without her around.

She's also always there to help me take care of darling baby. There is no one (besides my family) that I would trust better than her... even Shiya calms down and just snuggles up whenever Kak Ita would hold her. Thanks to her I am always able to catch up on snoozing fest in the morning or afternoon... of course night time shifts are my private time with Shiya, but I know that she's just a yell away should I need any help....just the thought is a comfort especially being a new parent and so unsure of what to do most of the time! Watching her handle Shiya taught me how to take better care of my baby like how to properly bathe her and change her diapers... (of course I already did all this with Farel... but I take this as a refresher's course  :P  )

I feel sad that she'll be leaving us tomorrow... but I understand that she has her work priorities to look into. I don't even have the time to take her out properly and get her a nice gift as a thank you for taking care of us for the past 33 days. Urrgghh... can't believe tonight's session with her was the last night...!

Yes pantang has been bearable with Kak Ita around... I hope that she'll visit soon... missing her already... :( sigh, sigh and double sigh...

No comments: