Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Maid Issues... YET AGAIN...

The third time's a charm? In previous posts I have been yammering away of my attempt at finding a nanny/maid for my baby. And so far? I have failed... The first time, there were problems at the immigration and we decided to go with another agent. The second agent proved a disappointment when he was unable to deliver after several promises were made. I don;t understand until today what was his problem but we are no longer interested and just requested for our deposit back as we didn't want the headache of handling this weird agent. By weird, I mean...
- keeps making promises of the maid's arrival... and the day came and went with no news from him
- we would call and sms repeatedly... with no reply, sometimes for days
- he offed his hp the whole week during Chinese New Year 
- he finally sms hubby phone with a weird remark "in Jakarta to settle maid's application (apparently there was a problem) and he couldn't call because he lost our hp number" ...what??!
- again promises were made... then again not answering his hp

Come on now... wouldn't you feel stressed and suspicious? Thank goodness he agreed to return our deposit money... and that only I think because hubby and threaten to go to the police. Silly guy! I knew from the start there was something wrong with him. After all, who in their right mind (if legitly interested in work and commission) would turn down a potential client's call by saying he's having lunch? Tsk Tsk...

Okay, that's strike two... now we have gone with another agent... sigh... they even provided (at a charge of course) us with a temporary maid to take care of things until the permanent maid arrives. Hopefully this time things will go well for us. The way hubby talks about her, she seems confident and there was no talk of me and hubby submitting the forms for them (like with the other 2 agents). So the RM6k that we will be paying this agent will really go to their hard work of getting the maid to us... The set expected date is in April. Like I mentioned before, I don't really mind if it's late... just gotta be assured that she's coming. 

Off to a lighter note, well not quite... now that hubby had called me to tell me that the temp maid is coming in tonight, I find myself unprepared. I haven't had a maid since I was 11 years old, so am at a lost as to how to handle one. I wonder if she expects to take care of the baby only? I know I am taking a maid for my baby... but I need time to actually trust her. She's a complete stranger who is going to touch and cuddle my baby... :(   no... not yet... not so soon... I would rather do everything myself. 

Since the start of my confinement I haven't actually taken care of Shiya 24/7 as I have help from the nurses at the hospital and eventually from my parents, hubby and Kak Ita (she also took care of Farel and Lissy) at home. This gives me time to catch up on some snooze and take care of myself such as eat, bathe and of course pumping time... 

So tomorrow starts a brand new schedule.. because I can't yet find it in myself to let a complete stranger have her time without me being there... hmmm... havta start work in 34 days...  :(   wonder if I can find the courage then... 

No comments: