Thursday, April 8, 2010

Expectations

I'm current at my work desk... Trying to do sales analysis while listening to music on my ipod. Ok, not a very effective way to work.. But when all you want to do is run back home (it's already 4.40pm), any work is cool enough ;)

Anyhow, I just adore my pink ipod. It took me 3 years, but I finally manage to own one. Still remember those days when I started dating my hubby.. I would be gushing abt how I wish I had one and then he sweetly passed me his own for me to browse through the playlist and watch the vids... Of course I was too scared to hold it for long! Me and electric gadgets just doesn't work.. Hehehe... As I told hubby then, gadgets hate me!

Ok, got side-tracked on memory lane... What I wanted to write abt was expectations and I guess who we all become because of all these expectations. We often get mad at our parents for nagging at us to study or grounding us when our results are bad. I still remember the feeling of total dread and yes, 'stress' when its time to show our report cards. Hehehe... But part of growing up is actually realising what was right in front of us but was invisible before. Does that make sense? :p

Basically we are doing our best or we are better because of these expectations. I'm just glad that my mum pushed me hard to get those a's. Now in my late 20's I realise something even more important than others' expectations... It's the expectations we should have on ourselves. Wanting it... Wishing it... And finally living it... Life does not begin when the party starts... it begins when we start living life.

Hahahaha... Look at me rambling like an old lady...

1 comment:

Triple N said...

hi Kak Anis schweet schweet. just dropping by to say hi and pls keep on writing so that i have something to read when im bored in the office..hehe. mwah mwah love u!