Monday, April 26, 2010

Jakarta Trip

We as a family went on a trip to Jakarta for papa's birthday. I've been looking forward to this trip for a long time. One definite plus would be the great hotel that we would be staying... Grand Hyatt... though I would miss Mulia Hotel (stayed there on our last visit-superb!) But being at Grand Hyatt has it's perks. For one, we'll be like stepping distance from the shopping malls. :) Yeay!


Well, we got there later than the rest of the family, we missed the first outing and ice cream bonanza. We are like super crazy for Cold Stone. They serve the yummiest ever. Hehehe, then again...I just love ice cream. :) So there we are, at one of the prettiest rooms I've stayed in. Ahhh... love, love ... almost forgot to wish Papa happy birthday :P No worries, we made that up by giving him a call at his room (didn't want to disturb by just knocking at his door).

Day one started with a delicious breakfast with mama and papa. Later we decided to drop by Tanah Abang. Eerrmm, or rather I wanted to go there and the rest kind of got 'conned' into coming along. Oh dear, was that a mistake! We got stuck in a horrid traffic the whole way. I was feeling a little guilty in the end when we had to walk the rest of the way---the cars were just not moving. But I was determined to get my laces. Hehehe, and even through the awful crowd, all the girls had a super time shopping. I tried my hand at bargaining for the laces and though I knew that mummy could do better... but I managed to bring the price down. Yeay! hehehe... I can just imagine the pretty, pretty kebayas now... *dreaming*

The guys.... well, let's just say that they won't be so trusting next time. Poor papa... don't think he had much fun either. Anyhow, after all the hottiness of the market, we relaxed at Bumbu Desa. Have you heard of it? They serve Sunda cuisines and there's actually one outlet here at the Curve. If you like Sari Ratu, this restaurant is just for you with all their 'sambals' and dishes just makes you want more and more...no good for diet! :p

Lace, check... bumbu desa, check... what else...? SHOPPING! :) hehehe... the rest of the time is spent rounding up the Plaza Indonesia and Grand Indonesia. I'm telling you, even staying near is not enough time to check out all the shops...

Wish I had more time there... it's more than just all the food or shopping... it's just all that super quality time we get to spend with each other there. Even the babies are high holiday merrytune...  :) That's also the time that I get to cuddle and gomol them with them barely complaining...heheheh... love, love...

Papa was talking about another trip in December... Could it be? Oh... can't wait!

Tired... but happy...  :) well... got work tomorrow... nitey nite..  ;)



No comments: